Step-by-Step Guide to a Kitchen Remodel
When you first think about remodeling your kitchen, it can be overwhelming. There are many things to consider. It’s best to work with a contractor on Staten Island. A contractor will work directly with you to go over what you’ll need to create the kitchen of your dreams.
Before starting your project, it’s a good idea to understand how a kitchen renovation works. Knowing the steps will help you make decisions. Here’s what we do during a typical kitchen renovation:
- Demolition – We start by tearing away the old kitchen to make way for the new one.
- Framing and Plumbing – In this step, we take care of any aspects of the walls and plumbing.
- Inspection – After the first two steps are completed, a professional inspector will come in to ensure the work meets all safety standards.
- Finishing the Walls – Once the inspection is passed, we finish the walls.
- Doors and Windows – After the drywall is completed, any windows or doors to the room will be installed.
- Cabinets and Plumbing Fixtures – This is where things start to get fun, and your design comes alive. Aside from plumbing fixtures and cabinets, countertops are also installed in this step.
- Appliances – Most homeowners choose to buy new appliances during a renovation, and this is when we’ll have them delivered and installed.
- Flooring – Floors are the last things added to a renovation. While installing floors last is usually best; it can vary from project to project.
If you’re interested in kitchen remodeling in Staten Island, give us a call.
Related Reading Remodeling Contractor Staten Island